E15 Defrost Control
The Invensys Ranco E15 Defrost Control is an electromechanical device designed to control the removal of frost from the outdoor coil of central system and window unit heat pumps.
- Timed defrost cycle initiation
- Only one defrost cycle per time period
- Temperature termination with backup time termination
- Selectable defrost cycle frequency
- Separate low-temperature override tool available for field checking defrost cycle
E15 has a temperature sensing bulb and capillary, a timer motor and a switch mechanism. The remote bulb senses the temperature of the outdoor coil. The timer allows for a defrost cycle only at specified intervals. The switch controls the system defrost functions.